Call For Input
To improve the park experience for all visitors to Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP), the National Park Service (NPS) wants to hear from the public. Input is needed to help planners finalize the park’s draft Community Access Plan. The public comment period is July 18 – September 16, 2022.
CVNP invites the public to attend one of 5 meetings to learn more about the plan and discuss it with planners and park officials. More information at National Park Service – PEPC – Meeting Notices (nps.gov).
- Monday, July 18, 7-8 pm (Virtual)
- Tuesday, July 19, 11 am-noon (Virtual)
- Tuesday, July 19, 4-6 pm – Lakefront Reservation Upper Edgewater Shelter – East Half Upper, Edgewater Drive, Cleveland, OH 44102
- Wednesday, July 20, 2-7 pm – Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Happy Days Lodge 500 West Streetsboro Road, Peninsula, OH 44264
- Thursday, July 21, 4-6 pm- Akron-Summit Public Library, Main Branch Public meeting room 60 South High Street, Akron, OH 44326
Those who cannot attend a public meeting may learn more and enter comments/questions between July 18 and September 16 at Park Planning – Develop a Comprehensive Visitor Use Management Plan and GMP Amendment for Cuyahoga Valley National Park (nps.gov).
Last Spring, the park sought public comment on the current park experience and suggestions for future actions. Planners are now sharing the draft plan for further comment. The draft plan identifies strategies and actions to improve visitor opportunities and address current issues related to visiting the park. They focus on the visitor experience within the park as well as community connections to the park. Major strategies and actions fall into the following categories and include:
- Improved access and reduced congestion
- Wayfinding, circulation, and visitor information
- Experience and protection of cultural resources
- Experience and protection of natural resources
- Relationships with communities
- Diverse camping opportunities
- Equitable and inclusive experiences
- Visitor services